Thursday, August 2, 2018

FIFA 2018 Russia


I am definitely not a football fan ! But when the football fever grips the entire world , how can I be left alone ?? 

Almost all countries have issued stamps for the FIFA World Cup 2018 and beautiful ones too. Russia , the host had started issuing stamps since 2015 itself . These two stamps show the FIFA Moscow stadiums , looking very modern and grand ! The stamps were issued in 2015. 

This cover was sent from Russia ! I was only expecting a FIFA World Cup postcard . But I didn’t know the sender is sending me a beautiful cover - a FIFA cover with FIFA stamps - and the best part is - the cancellation ! The cover was posted in Moscow in 15th July 2018 - the day of the Finals match between France and Croatia ! The sender had put in a postcard saying he was close to the stadium and going to the match after dropping the envelope in the postoffice ! He would not have known then that France will be the winner :) 

I like this cover a lot :) Thanks Sergey ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment