Monday, December 10, 2018

Postal system of Bosnia and Herzegovina



A cover from which I understood some history of a war torn nation ! 

When I requested this cover , I wanted the Europa postal vehicles stamps of Bosnia and Herzegovina on the cover and showed the friend the stamp . He mailed me saying it wouldn’t be possible for him, since he lives on the Reupbic Srpske.. I couldn’t understand and which led me to google - and I understood how Bosnia and Herzegovina functions ! 

The political divisions of Bosnia and Herzegovina were created by the Dayton Agreement, which recognized a second tier of government in Bosnia and Herzegovina, comprising two entities: the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH), with mostly Bosniaks and Croats, and the Republika Srpska(RS) with mostly Serbs – each governing roughly one half of the state's territory. The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina itself has a federal structure and consists of 10 autonomous cantons.




The Federation and the RS governments are charged with overseeing internal functions. Each has its own government, flag and coat of arms, president, parliament (FBiH) and assembly (RS), police force, customs, and postal system. The police sectors are overseen by the state-level ministry of safety affairs. Since 2005, Bosnia and Herzegovina has one set of Armed forces.

I wish I receive a cover from the Federation also with the Europa 2013 postal vehicles stamp :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment